Friday 13 February 2015

Valkyrie - Storm Scion Transport done

This is the first Valkyrie I've ever build and painted. It's for my Storm Scions in desert camo. I wanted to remain close to a Forge World drawing of a desert Valkyrie, so I ordered those extra fuel tanks for them too. The interior is completely painted, the heavy bolter gunners are magnatized, as well as the Multilaser/Lascannon. The fuel tanks and missile launchers are magnatized. I've installed the fuel tanks further back because it looks better and in case I take the heavy bolters, I can still open the doors and have a line of sight and it makes it look more realistic imo. I've really enjoyed painting this model, many details and ways to make it look cool :) The base ain't done yet, waiting for some inspiration I guess.

I've been wanting to do a noseart for ages and finally I've been given a chance with this model. The valk still needs a name though, perhaps you got some ideas ? The freehand noseart was inspired by graphics from http://elias-chatzoudis.deviantart.com/gallery/





















2 comments:

  1. What an awesome aircraft. Tons of little details on this. Love the pinup, the pilot names, the engine glow. Just a lovely job.

    As for names...Dust Devil?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Greg :)

      hmm, that name ain't bad I comes definately on the list!

      Delete